USE: Sinupret® – loosens the mucus, opens nose and relieves sinus pain, has antibacterial and antiviral properties that protect against the common causes of sinus infections
Sinupret® acts reliably against acute and chronic inflammations of the paranasal sinuses through its combination of the five medicinal plants cowslip, gentian, common sorrel, elder and vervain.
-Thick mucus is rapidly loosened.
-Swelling of the paranasal sinuses is reduced.
-You can breathe freely again.
-The tension headache is relieved.
Moreover, Sinupret® not only acts against the unpleasant and painful symptoms of the infection, but also against the causes by combating the pathogens (viruses and bacteria).
Active herbal substances in Sinupret®
Sinupret®’s broad field of pharmacological actions originates from its combination of five medicinal plants.
- Cowslip (Primula veris/elatior): The active substances of cowslip’s flowers and calyx are mucolytic, anti-inflammatory and combat the disease-causing pathogens, namely, viruses and bacteria.
- Yellow gentian (Gentiana lutea): The plant part used for medicinal purposes is the root, which contains substances with an anti-inflammatory action.
- Black elder (Sambucus nigra): The flowers of the black elder have a mucolytic action.
- Common sorrel (Rumex species): Its active substances from the leaves and stems also have a mucolytic action and an anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, they support the body’s own defences and exhibit an antibacterial action.
- Vervain (Verbena officinalis): The active substances from the leaves and stems also have a mucolytic action, are anti-inflammatory and combat viruses.
*A four-fold concentration is not equivalent to a four-fold increase in efficacy. The four-fold concentration refers to the Ø 720 mg herbal mixture used in Sinupret® extract (corresponds to 160 mg dry extract) compared to the 156 mg herbal mixture used in Sinupret® forte, or to the bioflavonoids that co-determine the mucolytic action and anti-inflammatory effect.
** Highest active ingredient content compared to other Sinupret® products