Comprehensive Parasitology Test
Parasitology is a gastrointestinal test that evaluates stool for the presence of intestinal parasites, using microscopic examination. Though data for intestinal parasitic infection in the US is limited, some research has found one-third of stool specimens to be positive for parasites, peaking seasonally between July and October.
This test is an ideal analysis for patients with sudden changes in bowel pattern, especially those who have been traveling abroad, have been camping, or may have had exposure to untreated water.
The parasitology test can help reveal parasitic infections and enable you to target treatment protocols geared toward infection resolution.
Effective for Patients Experiencing:
- Abdominal Pain
By using a simple at-home stool test, the Parasitology test is a direct examination of stool for ova and parasites (O&P) in order to determine the presence of parasites and/or their eggs in the gastrointestinal tract. O&P is considered the gold standard of diagnosis for many parasites. Add-on options for the Parasitology test include:
- Enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for the identification of Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba histolytica, and Giardia lamblia, three of the most common parasites in the United States
Test Type: Stool Test
HOW IT WORKS
- Purchase the test kit online
- Look for the follow-up email in your inbox containing instructions on submitting your birth-date
- Once we receive your reply, we will mail your test kit to you. Test kits should arrive in 2-3 business days.
- Perform the stool test at home following the detailed step by step instructions
- Drop the test kit off at your local UPS using the included paid label
- We will receive your results 2 weeks after the lab receives your samples, at which point Dr Murphree will review
- You receive your results and personalized recommendations from Dr. Murphree.
[Turnaround time app. 3 weeks]
(This test is also not available for order in the state of New York, Thank you.)